Page 14 of 16
A person or a firm, who buys in bulk from the manufacture, breaks it into smaller quantities and supplies it to small retailers.
Role of Wholesaler
- Buys in bulk from the producer and breaks into small quantities to retailers.
- Provide storage facilities, thus reducing the need for both manufacturer and retailer to hold such large stocks.
- Wholesalers carry out marketing efforts at their level.
- Provide credit facilities to small retailers.
- Sometimes deliver the goods to the small business outlets.
- Wholesalers usually do some amount of promotion at their level thus helping manufacturers in their marketing efforts.
|< Prev||Next >|